Last updated: 12 October 2021 - 12:00PM GMT+02:00
We take the protection of your data seriously. Here you can learn about the data we store and why do we store them.
What data do we store, and why?
- Hokus uses Telegram as one of its authentication providers. Upon signing in/up on our website using Telegram the following data will be collected:
* Your Telegram ID (a unique identifier of your Telegram account, this isn't your phone number)
* Your Telegram username
* Your Telegram profile picture
* Your Telegram first and last names
The above data are collected so that our systems can identify your account with us.
- If not using Telegram, the e-mail address you signup with is stored so we can communicate with you regarding any important updates related to your account and/or your services with us.
- We collect your IP address in a hashed form (MD5 x 2) once you first signup for Hokus and on every login. This is a part of our security system, and it helps us in preventing the registration of multiple accounts.
- All the passwords are highly encrypted before stored.
- Our storage systems keep your Minecraft server(s) data saved, and they may include some data such as your and/or your player(s) Minecraft usernames (stored in the server(s) log files), they also may contain the Minecraft UUIDs and the player(s) IP addresses. Such logs are kept for your use.
- Our web server(s) keep(s) all the requests made to our website saved for a period of up to 24 hours. The data logged are: your IP address, the path (route) of the request, the HTTP request method. The logging process is done to assist our system administrator(s) with fixing and/or improving our services and infrastructure.
- We use a self-hosted copy of Matomo Analytics to store data that help us fix and improve our system(s). The data collected are: your operating system, your browser name and its version, your country, your browser locale, your IP address (the last bytes of it are not collected).
Third parties that have access to data
- Hokus depends on Tawk.to as its support system provider. We send your Hokus account ID to Tawk.to in an attempt to help our support team recognise your account.
- All of the requests made to our website are proxified through the Cloudflare infrastructure.
Data protection department
Our data protection department is responsible for keeping your data secure. If you have any inquiries regarding your data you can e-mail our data protection department at firstname.lastname@example.org